Cochineals: organic control and treatment
This is the first time that I have so many plants at home and this winter I discovered a new parasite! Mealybugs, those damn little bugs that spread quickly and hide under the leaves of our favorite plants.
I did some research and put together the most relevant info for you right here:
First there are several species of mealybugs. They take different shapes and colors. The most common is the mealybug, which is found on our houseplants. We can also find it in our gardens when it is the season.
Types of mealybugs:
- that of oval shape, the mealybug which is white and cottony
- those who are brown
-those which are gray and others ...
They particularly like confined, humid environments and high temperatures.
Having mealybugs on a plant is often a contagion factor for other plants.
Danger to the plant
Mealybugs should be taken seriously, as an attack can permanently doom your plant.
· It feeds on the sap of the plant which ends up weakening.
· This impairs the proper development and growth of plants and can cause the appearance of a black fungus.
· On fruit trees such as citrus, mealybugs can compromise the harvest, or even condemn the tree, if they are not treated in time.
Natural and organic anti-cochineal recipe:
What I offer you:
You spray this solution 1 time per day for 3-4 days.
• There are also anti-scale insects based on white oil which have proven their effectiveness. You will find them in specialized stores.
The thank you box
Myriam worry - The mimipots